09/04/2012

And so it begins...

We are fast approaching what I like to call 'Eurovision season' - I say 'fast approaching' but we are already there really, for me it means Eurovision starts when all the songs have been chosen; the last song to be be picked was The Social Network Song, on 22nd March, which will be San Marino's entry. The season ends about a week after the contest, once I start getting bored with the vast majority of the songs. 


As I've mentioned on the blog before I do like a Eurovision party, and this year will be no different - there will be the usual banners, munchies, alcohol and music. I've created a new playlist and I will, like the sad-mad-obsessed-fool that I am, be sharing the tracklist. You never know, you might like some ideas for a playlist of your own. Everyone loves a Eurovision party!


Moving on - due to a rather large amount of boredom, I wondered what my top 10 Eurovision 2012 songs are so far. Fellow Eurovision fans will know that only the top 10 countries will get points based on this system: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 & 12. So here are my top 10 so far...


1 point
Ukraine: Gaitana - Be My Guest



2 points
Romania: Mandinga - Zaleilah


3 points
France: Anggun - Echo (You & I)


4 points
Italy: Nina Zilli - L'amore è femmina (Out of Love)


5 points
Denmark: Soluna Samay - Should've Known Better


6 points
Bulgaria: Sofi Marinova - Love Unlimited


7 points
Austria: Trackshittaz - Woki Mit Deim Popo


8 points
Cyprus: Ivi Adamou - La La Love


10 points
Norway: Tooji - Stay


12 points
Sweden: Loreen - Euphoria




Just missing out: Hungary, Russia, Greece, Ireland


My top 10 are based on their number of plays on iTunes so they're probably very likely to change, except for Sweden's entry anyway, that song has made its way to my top 25 so...


Eurovision isn't for everybody so if you made it this far down the post - WELL DONE!! And seeing as you made it this far, why not tell me your favourites and criticise/praise my Euro top 10?
The Eurovision final this year is May 26th - CANNOT WAIT.
Diolch am ddarllen x

2 comments:

  1. I would give the following :D

    1 POINT - France
    2 POINTS - Italy
    3 POINTS - Russia
    4 POINTS - San Marino
    5 POINTS - Cyprus
    6 POINTS - Norway
    7 POINTS - Israel
    8 POINTS - Greece
    10 POINTS - Romania
    AAANND
    12 POINTS - Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choices, my well-informed friend! Sweden is a definite douze points but I cannot nor will not condone your fondness of the Israeli and Sammarinese! :P Be interesting to see if they get into the final though...

    ReplyDelete